- 1. nine, 9, IX, niner, Nina from Carolina, ennead, digit, figure
- usage: the cardinal number that is the sum of eight and one
- 2. baseball club, ball club, club, nine, baseball team
- usage: a team of professional baseball players who play and travel together; "each club played six home games with teams in its own division"
- 3. nine-spot, nine, spot
- usage: one of four playing cards in a deck with nine pips on the face
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. nine, 9, ix, cardinal (vs. ordinal)
- usage: denoting a quantity consisting of one more than eight and one less than ten
All rights reserved.
See also: nine (Dictionary)