WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. night, nighttime, dark, time period, period of time, period
- usage: the time after sunset and before sunrise while it is dark outside
- 2. night, time period, period of time, period
- usage: a period of ignorance or backwardness or gloom
- 3. night, time period, period of time, period
- usage: the period spent sleeping; "I had a restless night"
- 4. night, time unit, unit of time
- usage: the dark part of the diurnal cycle considered a time unit; "three nights later he collapsed"
- 5. night, dark, darkness
- usage: darkness; "it vanished into the night"
- 6. night, twilight, dusk, gloaming, gloam, nightfall, evenfall, fall, crepuscule, crepuscle
- usage: a shortening of nightfall; "they worked from morning to night"
- 7. night, time period, period of time, period
- usage: the time between sunset and midnight; "he watched television every night"
- 8. Nox, Night
- usage: Roman goddess of night; daughter of Erebus; counterpart of Greek Nyx
All rights reserved.
See also: night (Dictionary)