Synonyms of nighest
- 1. near (vs. far), close, nigh, adjacent, nearby, warm, hot
- usage: not far distant in time or space or degree or circumstances; "near neighbors"; "in the near future"; "they are near equals"; "his nearest approach to success"; "a very near thing"; "a near hit by the bomb"; "she was near tears"; "she was close to tears"; "had a close call"
- 2. near(prenominal), nigh(prenominal), left (vs. right)
- usage: being on the left side; "the near or nigh horse is the one on the left"; "the animal's left side is its near or nigh side"
- 1. nearest, nighest, closest
- usage: (superlative of `near' or `close') within the shortest distance; "that was the time he came nearest to death"
All rights reserved.