- 1. fuss, niggle, fret, worry
- usage: worry unnecessarily or excessively; "don't fuss too much over the grandchildren--they are quite big now"
- 2. quibble, niggle, pettifog, bicker, squabble, brabble, argue, contend, debate, fence
- usage: argue over petty things; "Let's not quibble over pennies"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fiddling, footling, lilliputian, little, niggling, piddling, piffling, petty, picayune, trivial, unimportant (vs. important)
- usage: (informal) small and of little importance; "a fiddling sum of money"; "a footling gesture"; "our worries are lilliputian compared with those of countries that are at war"; "a little (or small) matter"; "a dispute over niggling details"; "limited to petty enterprises"; "piffling efforts"; "giving a police officer a free meal may be against the law, but it seems to be a picayune infraction"
All rights reserved.
See also: niggling (Dictionary)