Synonyms of nickel and dime
- 1. penny-pinch, nickel-and-dime, spend, expend, drop
- usage: spend money frugally; spend as little as possible
- 2. nickel-and-dime, scrape, scrape up, scratch, come up
- usage: accumulate gradually; "she nickeled-and-dimed together a small house for her family"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. nickel-and-dime, small-time, unimportant (vs. important)
- usage: of minor importance; "a nickel-and-dime operation run out of a single rented room"; "a small-time actor"
- 2. nickel-and-dime(prenominal), cheap (vs. expensive), inexpensive
- usage: low-paying; "a nickel-and-dime job"
All rights reserved.