- 1. nickel, Ni, atomic number 28, metallic element, metal
- usage: a hard malleable ductile silvery metallic element that is resistant to corrosion; used in alloys; occurs in pentlandite and smaltite and garnierite and millerite
- 2. nickel, coin
- usage: a United States coin worth one twentieth of a dollar
- 3. nickel, nickel note, fiver, five-spot, five dollar bill
- usage: five dollars worth of a drug; "a nickel bag of drugs"; "a nickel deck of heroin"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. nickel, plate
- usage: plate with nickel; "nickel the plate"
All rights reserved.
See also: nickel (Dictionary)