WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. newspaper, paper, press, public press
- usage: a daily or weekly publication on folded sheets; contains news and articles and advertisements; "he read his newspaper at breakfast"
- 2. newspaper, paper, newspaper publisher, publisher, publishing house, publishing firm, publishing company
- usage: a business firm that publishes newspapers; "Murdoch owns many newspapers"
- 3. newspaper, paper, product, production
- usage: the physical object that is the product of a newspaper publisher; "when it began to rain he covered his head with a newspaper"
- 4. newspaper, newsprint, paper
- usage: cheap paper made from wood pulp and used for printing newspapers; "they used bales of newspaper every day"
All rights reserved.
See also: newspaper (Dictionary)