WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. neutralization, neutralisation, nullification, override
- usage: action intended to keep a country politically neutral or exclude it from a possible war; "the neutralization of Belgium"
- 2. neutralization, neutralisation, neutralization reaction, neutralisation reaction, chemical reaction, reaction
- usage: a chemical reaction in which an acid and a base interact with the formation of a salt; with strong acids and bases the essential reaction is the combination of hydrogen ions with hydroxyl ions to form water
- 3. neutralization, neutralisation, destruction, devastation
- usage: (euphemism) the removal of a threat by killing or destroying it (especially in a covert operation or military operation)
- 4. neutralization, neutralisation, counteraction, nullification, override
- usage: action intended to nullify the effects of some previous action
All rights reserved.
See also: neutralization (Dictionary)