- 1. network, web, system, scheme
- usage: an interconnected system of things or people; "he owned a network of shops"; "retirement meant dropping out of a whole network of people who had been part of my life"; "tangled in a web of cloth"
- 2. network, communication system, communication equipment
- usage: (broadcasting) a communication system consisting of a group of broadcasting stations that all transmit the same programs; "the networks compete to broadcast important sports events"
- 3. net, network, mesh, meshing, meshwork, fabric, cloth, material, textile
- usage: an open fabric of string or rope or wire woven together at regular intervals
- 4. network, system
- usage: a system of intersecting lines or channels; "a railroad network"; "a network of canals"
- 5. network, electronic network, system
- usage: (electronics) a system of interconnected electronic components or circuits
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. network, communicate, intercommunicate
- usage: communicate with and within a group; "You have to network if you want to get a good job"
All rights reserved.
See also: network (Dictionary)