- 1. nettle, weed
- usage: any of numerous plants having stinging hairs that cause skin irritation on contact (especially of the genus Urtica or family Urticaceae)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. nettle, urticate, bite, sting, burn
- usage: sting with or as with nettles and cause a stinging pain or sensation
- 2. annoy, rag, get to, bother, get at, irritate, rile, nark, nettle, gravel, vex, chafe, devil, displease
- usage: cause annoyance in; disturb, especially by minor irritations; "Mosquitoes buzzing in my ear really bothers me"; "It irritates me that she never closes the door after she leaves"
All rights reserved.
See also: nettle (Dictionary)