- 1. nestling, baby bird, young bird
- usage: young bird not yet fledged
- 2. child, kid, youngster, minor, shaver, nipper, small fry, tiddler, tike, tyke, fry, nestling, juvenile, juvenile person
- usage: a young person of either sex; "she writes books for children"; "they're just kids"; "`tiddler' is a British term for youngster"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cuddle, snuggle, nestle, nest, nuzzle, draw close, cling to, hold close, hold tight, clutch
- usage: move or arrange oneself in a comfortable and cozy position; "We cuddled against each other to keep warm"; "The children snuggled into their sleeping bags"
- 2. nestle, lie
- usage: lie in a sheltered position; "The little cottage nestles in the forest"
- 3. nestle, snuggle, put, set, place, pose, position, lay
- usage: position comfortably; "The baby nestled her head in her mother's elbow"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of nestling (Dictionary)