Synonyms of nervous
- 1. nervous, tense (vs. relaxed)
- usage: easily agitated; "a nervous addict"; "a nervous thoroughbred"
- 2. anxious, nervous, queasy, uneasy, unquiet, troubled (vs. untroubled)
- usage: causing or fraught with or showing anxiety; "spent an anxious night waiting for the test results"; "cast anxious glances behind her"; "those nervous moments before takeoff"; "an unquiet mind"
- 3. nervous, neural
- usage: of or relating to the nervous system; "nervous disease"; "neural disorder"
- 4. aflutter, nervous, excited (vs. unexcited)
- usage: excited in anticipation
- 5. skittish, flighty, spooky, nervous, excitable (vs. unexcitable)
- usage: unpredictably excitable (especially of horses)
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of nervous (Dictionary)