WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. neophyte, plant, flora, plant life
- usage: a plant that is found in an area where it had not been recorded previously
- 2. newcomer, fledgling, fledgeling, starter, neophyte, freshman, newbie, entrant, novice, beginner, tyro, tiro, initiate
- usage: any new participant in some activity
- 3. catechumen, neophyte, student, pupil, educatee
- usage: a new convert being taught the principles of Christianity by a catechist
All rights reserved.
See also: neophyte (Dictionary)