WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. neon, Ne, atomic number 10, chemical element, element, noble gas, inert gas, argonon
- usage: a colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube; one of the six inert gasses; occurs in the air in small amounts
- 2. northeast, nor'-east, northeastward, NE, compass point, point
- usage: the compass point midway between north and east; at 45 degrees
- 3. Nebraska, Cornhusker State, NE
- usage: a midwestern state on the Great Plains
All rights reserved.
See also: ne (Dictionary)