- 1. Nazarene, Ebionite, religious person
- usage: a member of a group of Jews who (during the early history of the Christian Church) accepted Jesus as the Messiah; they accepted the Gospel According to Matthew but rejected the Epistles of St. Paul and continued to follow Jewish law and celebrate Jewish holidays; they were later declared heretic by the Church of Rome
- 2. Nazarene, Christian
- usage: an early name for any Christian
- 3. Nazarene, inhabitant, habitant, dweller, denizen, indweller
- usage: an inhabitant of Nazareth
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Nazarene
- usage: of or relating to the Nazarenes or their religion
- 2. Nazarene
- usage: of or relating to the town of Nazareth or its inhabitants
All rights reserved.
See also: nazarene (Dictionary)