WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. nature, quality
- usage: the essential qualities or characteristics by which something is recognized; "it is the nature of fire to burn"; "the true nature of jealousy"
- 2. nature, causal agent, cause, causal agency
- usage: a causal agent creating and controlling things in the universe; "the laws of nature"; "nature has seen to it that men are stronger than women"
- 3. nature, universe, existence, creation, world, cosmos, macrocosm
- usage: the natural physical world including plants and animals and landscapes etc.; "they tried to preserve nature as they found it"
- 4. nature, trait
- usage: the complex of emotional and intellectual attributes that determine a person's characteristic actions and reactions; "it is his nature to help others"
- 5. nature, type
- usage: a particular type of thing; "problems of this type are very difficult to solve"; "he's interested in trains and things of that nature"; "matters of a personal nature"
All rights reserved.
See also: nature (Dictionary)