- 1. native, indigen, indigene, aborigine, aboriginal, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: an indigenous person who was born in a particular place; "the art of the natives of the northwest coast"; "the Canadian government scrapped plans to tax the grants to aboriginal college students"
- 2. native, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: a person born in a particular place or country; "he is a native of Brazil"
- 3. native, organism, being
- usage: indigenous plants and animals
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. native (vs. foreign), autochthonal, autochthonic, autochthonous, endemic, indigenous, domestic, homegrown, native-born
- usage: characteristic of or existing by virtue of geographic origin; "the native North American sugar maple"; "many native artists studied abroad"
- 2. native (vs. adopted), connatural, inborn, inbred
- usage: belonging to one by birth; "my native land"; "one's native language"
- 3. native (vs. nonnative), aboriginal
- usage: characteristic of or relating to people inhabiting a region from the beginning; "native Americans"; "the aboriginal peoples of Australia"
- 4. native, pure (vs. impure)
- usage: as found in nature in the elemental form; "native copper"
All rights reserved.
See also: native (Dictionary)