- 1. patriot, nationalist, national, subject
- usage: one who loves and defends his or her country
- 2. nationalist, advocate, advocator, proponent, exponent
- usage: an advocate of national independence of or a strong national government
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. nationalist, nationalistic, national (vs. international)
- usage: devotion to the interests or culture of a particular nation including promoting the interests of one country over those of others; "nationalist aspirations"; "minor nationalistic differences"
All rights reserved.
See also: nationalist (Dictionary)