Synonyms of narrowing
- 1. narrowing, shape, form, configuration, contour, conformation
- usage: an instance of becoming narrow
- 2. narrowing, decrease, decrement
- usage: a decrease in width
- 3. narrowing, change of shape
- usage: the act of making something narrower
- 1. narrow, contract, change
- usage: make or become more narrow or restricted; "The selection was narrowed"; "The road narrowed"
- 2. pin down, peg down, nail down, narrow down, narrow, specify, determine
- usage: define clearly; "I cannot narrow down the rules for this game"
- 3. specialize, specialise, narrow, narrow down, change, alter, vary
- usage: become more focus on an area of activity or field of study; "She specializes in Near Eastern history"
- 4. constrict, constringe, narrow, tighten
- usage: become tight or as if tight; "Her throat constricted"
- 1. tapered, tapering, narrowing, narrow (vs. wide)
- usage: becoming gradually narrower; "long tapering fingers"; "trousers with tapered legs"
- 2. constricting, constrictive, narrowing, narrow (vs. wide)
- usage: (of circumstances) tending to constrict freedom
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.