- 1. narcotic, drug
- usage: a drug that produces numbness or stupor; often taken for pleasure or to reduce pain; extensive use can lead to addiction
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. narcotic
- usage: of or relating to or designating narcotics; "narcotic addicts"; "narcotic stupor"
- 2. narcotic, narcotizing, narcotising, depressant (vs. stimulative)
- usage: inducing stupor or narcosis; "narcotic drugs"
- 3. narcotic, soporiferous, soporific, uninteresting (vs. interesting)
- usage: inducing mental lethargy; "a narcotic speech"
All rights reserved.
See also: narcotic (Dictionary)