WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bare, au naturel(predicate), naked, nude, unclothed (vs. clothed)
- usage: completely unclothed; "bare bodies"; "naked from the waist up"; "a nude model"
- 2. naked, defenseless, unprotected (vs. protected)
- usage: having no protecting or concealing cover; "naked to mine enemies"- Shakespeare
- 3. naked, unassisted (vs. assisted)
- usage: (of the eye or ear e.g.) without the aid of an optical or acoustical device or instrument; "visible to the naked eye"
- 4. naked, raw, overt (vs. covert), open
- usage: devoid of elaboration or diminution or concealment; bare and pure; "naked ambition"; "raw fury"; "you may kill someone someday with your raw power"
- 5. naked, bare (vs. covered)
- usage: lacking any cover; "naked branches of the trees"; "lie on the naked rock"
All rights reserved.
See also: naked (Dictionary)