Synonyms of n
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. nitrogen, N, atomic number 7, chemical element, element, gas
- usage: a common nonmetallic element that is normally a colorless odorless tasteless inert diatomic gas; constitutes 78 percent of the atmosphere by volume; a constituent of all living tissues
- 2. north, due north, northward, N, cardinal compass point
- usage: the cardinal compass point that is at 0 or 360 degrees
- 3. newton, N, force unit
- usage: a unit of force equal to the force that imparts an acceleration of 1 m/sec/sec to a mass of 1 kilogram; equal to 100,000 dynes
- 4. normality, N, relative quantity
- usage: (of a solution) concentration expressed in gram equivalents of solute per liter
- 5. N, n, letter, letter of the alphabet, alphabetic character
- usage: the 14th letter of the Roman alphabet
All rights reserved.
See also: n (Dictionary)