- 1. gun muzzle, muzzle, opening
- usage: the open circular discharging end of a gun
- 2. muzzle, face
- usage: forward projecting part of the head of certain animals; includes the jaws and nose
- 3. muzzle, restraint, constraint
- usage: a leather or wire restraint that fits over an animal's snout (especially a dog's nose and jaws) and prevents it from eating or biting
- 4. gag, muzzle, restraint, constraint
- usage: restraint put into a person's mouth to prevent speaking or shouting
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. muzzle, equip, fit, fit out, outfit
- usage: fit with a muzzle; "muzzle the dog to prevent it from biting strangers"
- 2. gag, muzzle, hush, quieten, silence, still, shut up, hush up
- usage: prevent from speaking out; "The press was gagged"
- 3. gag, muzzle, tie, bind
- usage: tie a gag around someone's mouth in order to silence them; "The burglars gagged the home owner and tied him to a chair"
All rights reserved.
See also: muzzle (Dictionary)