- 1. mushroom, agaric
- usage: common name for an edible agaric (contrasting with the inedible toadstool)
- 2. mushroom, agaric
- usage: mushrooms and related fleshy fungi (including toadstools, puffballs, morels, coral fungi, etc.)
- 3. mushroom, basidiomycete, basidiomycetous fungi
- usage: any of various fleshy fungi of the subdivision Basidiomycota consisting of a cap at the end of a stem arising from an underground mycelium
- 4. mushroom, mushroom cloud, mushroom-shaped cloud, cloud
- usage: a large cloud of rubble and dust shaped like a mushroom and rising into the sky after an explosion (especially of a nuclear bomb)
- 5. mushroom, vegetable, veggie, veg
- usage: fleshy body of any of numerous edible fungi
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. mushroom, pick, pluck, cull
- usage: pick or gather mushrooms; "We went mushrooming in the Fall"
- 2. mushroom, grow
- usage: grow and spread fast; "The problem mushroomed"
All rights reserved.
See also: mushroom (Dictionary)