Synonyms of murmuring
- 1. mutter, muttering, murmur, murmuring, murmuration, mussitation, sound
- usage: a low continuous indistinct sound; often accompanied by movement of the lips without the production of articulate speech
- 2. grumble, grumbling, murmur, murmuring, mutter, muttering, complaint
- usage: a complaint uttered in a low and indistinct tone
- 1. murmur, talk, speak, utter, mouth, verbalize, verbalise
- usage: speak softly or indistinctly; "She murmured softly to the baby in her arms"
- 2. murmur, mutter, grumble, croak, gnarl, complain, kick, plain, sound off, quetch, kvetch
- usage: make complaining remarks or noises under one's breath; "she grumbles when she feels overworked"
- 1. murmuring, susurrant, whispering, soft (vs. loud)
- usage: making a low continuous indistinct sound; "like murmuring waves"; "susurrant voices"
All rights reserved.