WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. mummify, continue, uphold, carry on, bear on, preserve
- usage: preserve while making lifeless; "mummified ideas and institutions should be gotten rid of"
- 2. mummify, embalm
- usage: remove the organs and dry out (a dead body) in order to preserve it; "Th Egyptians mummified their pharaohs"
- 3. mummify, dry up, shrivel, shrivel up, shrink, wither
- usage: dry up and shrivel due to complete loss of moisture; "a mummified body was found"
All rights reserved.
See also: mummify (Dictionary)