WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. multivalent (vs. univalent) (vs. bivalent)
- usage: used of the association of three or more homologous chromosomes during the first division of meiosis
- 2. polyvalent (vs. monovalent), multivalent
- usage: having more than one valence, or having a valence of 3 or higher
- 3. multivalent, multi-valued, ambiguous (vs. unambiguous)
- usage: having many values, meanings, or appeals; "subtle, multivalent allegory"
All rights reserved.
See also: multivalent (Dictionary)