- 1. multiply, calculate, cipher, cypher, compute, work out, reckon, figure
- usage: combine by multiplication; "multiply 10 by 15"
- 2. multiply, manifold, increase
- usage: combine or increase by multiplication; "He managed to multiply his profits"
- 3. breed, multiply, reproduce, procreate, multiply
- usage: have young (animals) or reproduce (organisms); "pandas rarely breed in captivity"; "These bacteria reproduce"
- 4. reproduce, procreate, multiply, make, create
- usage: have offspring or produce more individuals of a given animal or plant; "The Bible tells people to procreate"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. multiply
- usage: in several ways; in a multiple manner; "they were multiply checked for errors"
All rights reserved.
See also: multiply (Dictionary)