Synonyms of muffled
- 1. smother, stifle, strangle, muffle, repress, suppress, stamp down, inhibit, subdue, conquer, curb
- usage: conceal or hide; "smother a yawn"; "muffle one's anger"; "strangle a yawn"
- 2. muffle, mute, dull, damp, dampen, tone down, soften
- usage: deaden (a sound or noise), especially by wrapping
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dull, muffled, muted, softened, soft (vs. loud)
- usage: being or made softer or less loud or clear; "the dull boom of distant breaking waves"; "muffled drums"; "the muffled noises of the street"; "muted trumpets"
- 2. muffled, covered (vs. bare)
- usage: wrapped up especially for protection or secrecy; "children muffled almost to the eyebrows"
All rights reserved.