Synonyms of mourning
- 1. mourning, bereavement, sadness, sorrow, sorrowfulness
- usage: state of sorrow over the death or departure of a loved one
- 2. lamentation, mourning, activity, expression, manifestation, reflection, reflexion
- usage: the passionate and demonstrative activity of expressing grief
- 1. mourn, grieve, sorrow
- usage: feel sadness; "She is mourning her dead child"
- 2. mourn, observe, celebrate, keep
- usage: observe the customs of mourning after the death of a loved one
- 1. bereaved, bereft, grief-stricken, grieving, mourning(prenominal), sorrowing(prenominal), sorrowful (vs. joyful)
- usage: sorrowful through loss or deprivation; "bereft of hope"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of mourning (Dictionary)