Synonyms of mount
- 1. saddle horse, riding horse, mount, horse, Equus caballus
- usage: a lightweight horse kept for riding only
- 2. climb, mount, rise, ascent, ascension, ascending
- usage: the act of climbing something; "it was a difficult climb to the top"
- 3. mountain, mount, natural elevation, elevation
- usage: a land mass that projects well above its surroundings; higher than a hill
- 4. mount, setting, mounting
- usage: a mounting consisting of a piece of metal (as in a ring or other jewelry) that holds a gem in place; "the diamond was in a plain gold mount"
- 5. backing, mount, layer, bed, strengthener, reinforcement
- usage: something forming a back that is added for strengthening
- 1. mount, attach
- usage: attach to a support; "They mounted the aerator on a floating"
- 2. wax, mount, climb, rise, increase
- usage: go up or advance; "Sales were climbing after prices were lowered"
- 3. mount, fix, prepare, set up, ready, gear up, set
- usage: fix onto a backing, setting, or support; "mount slides for macroscopic analysis"
- 4. mount, initiate, pioneer
- usage: put up or launch; "mount a campaign against pornography"
- 5. hop on, mount, mount up, get on, jump on, climb on, bestride, move
- usage: get up on the back of; "mount a horse"
- 6. climb, climb up, mount, go up, rise, lift, arise, move up, go up, come up, uprise
- usage: go upward with gradual or continuous progress; "Did you ever climb up the hill behind your house?"
- 7. mount, put on, organize, organise, prepare, devise, get up, machinate
- usage: prepare and supply with the necessary equipment for execution or performance; "mount a theater production"; "mount an attack"; "mount a play"
- 8. ride, mount, copulate, mate, pair, couple
- usage: copulate with; "The bull was riding the cow"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of mount (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.