Synonyms of mound
- 1. mound, hill, pitcher's mound, baseball equipment
- usage: (baseball) the slight elevation on which the pitcher stands
- 2. knoll, mound, hillock, hummock, hammock, hill
- usage: a small natural hill
- 3. pile, heap, mound, agglomerate, cumulation, cumulus, collection, aggregation, accumulation, assemblage
- usage: a collection of objects laid on top of each other
- 4. mound, hill, structure, construction
- usage: structure consisting of an artificial heap or bank usually of earth or stones; "they built small mounds to hide behind"
- 5. pitcher, mound, position
- usage: the position on a baseball team of the player who throws the ball for a batter to try to hit; "he has played every position except pitcher"; "they have a southpaw on the mound"
- 1. mound, shape, form, work, mold, mould, forge
- usage: form into a rounded elevation; "mound earth"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of mound (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.