WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. motivation, motive, need, psychological feature
- usage: the psychological feature that arouses an organism to action toward a desired goal; the reason for the action; that which gives purpose and direction to behavior; "we did not understand his motivation"; "he acted with the best of motives"
- 2. motivation, condition, status
- usage: the condition of being motivated; "his motivation was at a high level"
- 3. motivation, motivating, act, deed, human action, human activity
- usage: the act of motivating; providing incentive
All rights reserved.
See also: motivation (Dictionary)