- 1. mordant, coloring material, colouring material, color, colour
- usage: a substance used to treat leather or other materials before dyeing; aids in dyeing process
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. black, grim, mordant, sarcastic (vs. unsarcastic)
- usage: harshly ironic or sinister; "black humor"; "a grim joke"; "grim laughter"; "fun ranging from slapstick clowning ... to savage mordant wit"
- 2. caustic, corrosive, erosive, vitriolic, mordant, destructive (vs. constructive)
- usage: of a substance, especially a strong acid; capable of destroying or eating away by chemical action
All rights reserved.
See also: mordant (Dictionary)