- 1. mooring, moorage, berth, slip, anchorage, anchorage ground
- usage: a place where a craft can be made fast
- 2. mooring, mooring line, line
- usage: (nautical) a line that holds an object (especially a boat) in place
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. moor, berth, tie up, fasten, fix, secure
- usage: secure in or as if in a berth or dock; "tie up the boat"
- 2. moor, berth, wharf, dock
- usage: come into or dock at a wharf; "the big ship wharfed in the evening"
- 3. moor, fasten, fix, secure
- usage: secure with cables or ropes; "moor the boat"
All rights reserved.
See also: mooring (Dictionary)