Synonyms of moor
- 1. Moor, Muslim, Moslem
- usage: one of the Muslim people of north Africa; of mixed Arab and Berber descent; converted to Islam in the 8th century; conqueror of Spain in the 8th century
- 2. moor, moorland, plain, field, champaign
- usage: open land usually with peaty soil covered with heather and bracken and moss
- 1. moor, berth, tie up, fasten, fix, secure
- usage: secure in or as if in a berth or dock; "tie up the boat"
- 2. moor, berth, wharf, dock
- usage: come into or dock at a wharf; "the big ship wharfed in the evening"
- 3. moor, fasten, fix, secure
- usage: secure with cables or ropes; "moor the boat"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of moor (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.