WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. monumental
- usage: relating or belonging to or serving as a monument; "the use of the arch in monumental architecture"; "monumental sculptures"
- 2. monumental, significant (vs. insignificant), important
- usage: of outstanding significance; "Einstein's monumental contributions to physics"
- 3. massive, monolithic, monumental, large (vs. small), big (vs. little)
- usage: imposing in size or bulk or solidity; "massive oak doors"; "Moore's massive sculptures"; "the monolithic proportions of Stalinist architecture"; "a monumental scale"
All rights reserved.
See also: monumental (Dictionary)