Synonyms of monopoly
- 1. monopoly, market, marketplace, market place
- usage: (economics) a market in which there are many buyers but only one seller; "a monopoly on silver"; "when you have a monopoly you can ask any price you like"
- 2. monopoly, dominance, ascendance, ascendence, ascendancy, ascendency, control
- usage: exclusive control or possession of something; "They have no monopoly on intelligence"
- 3. Monopoly, board game
- usage: a board game in which players try to gain a monopoly on real estate as pieces advance around the board according to the throw of a die
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of monopoly (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.