- 1. proctor, monitor, supervisor
- usage: someone who supervises (an examination)
- 2. admonisher, monitor, reminder, defender, guardian, protector, shielder
- usage: someone who gives a warning so that a mistake can be avoided
- 3. Monitor
- usage: an ironclad vessel built by Federal forces to do battle with the Merrimac
- 4. monitor, monitoring device, display, video display
- usage: display produced by a device that takes signals and displays them on a television screen or a computer monitor
- 5. monitor, electronic equipment
- usage: electronic equipment that is used to check the quality or content of electronic transmissions
- 6. monitor, electronic equipment
- usage: a piece of electronic equipment that keeps track of the operation of a system continuously and warns of trouble
- 7. monitor, monitor lizard, varan, lizard
- usage: any of various large tropical carnivorous lizards of Africa and Asia and Australia; fabled to warn of crocodiles
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. monitor, supervise, observe
- usage: keep tabs on; keep an eye on; keep under surveillance; "we are monitoring the air quality"; "the police monitor the suspect's moves"
- 2. monitor, observe
- usage: check, track, or observe by means of a receiver
All rights reserved.
See also: monitor (Dictionary)