WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. admonition, admonishment, monition, rebuke, reproof, reproval, reprehension, reprimand
- usage: a firm rebuke
- 2. admonition, monition, warning, word of advice, advice
- usage: cautionary advice about something imminent (especially imminent danger or other unpleasantness); "a letter of admonition about the dangers of immorality"; "the warning was to beware of surprises"; "his final word of advice was not to play with matches"
- 3. monition, process of monition, summons, process
- usage: a summons issued after the filing of a libel or claim directing all parties concerned to show cause why the judgment asked for should not be granted
All rights reserved.
See also: monition (Dictionary)