Synonyms of mollify
- 1. pacify, lenify, conciliate, assuage, appease, mollify, placate, gentle, gruntle, calm, calm down, quiet, tranquilize, tranquillize, tranquillise, quieten, lull, still
- usage: cause to be more favorably inclined; gain the good will of; "She managed to mollify the angry customer"
- 2. temper, season, mollify, weaken
- usage: make more temperate, acceptable, or suitable by adding something else; moderate; "she tempered her criticism"
- 3. mollify, soften
- usage: make less rigid or softer
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of mollify (Dictionary)