- 1. molding, casting, creating from raw materials
- usage: the act of creating something by casting it in a mold
- 2. molding, moulding, decoration, ornament, ornamentation
- usage: a decorative strip used for ornamentation or finishing
- 3. molding, moulding, border, edge
- usage: a decorative recessed or relieved surface on an edge
- 4. mold, mould, molding, moulding, modeling, clay sculpture, sculpture
- usage: sculpture produced by molding
- 5. modeling, modelling, molding, moulding, sculpture, carving
- usage: a preliminary sculpture in wax or clay from which a finished work can be copied
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. model, mold, mould, shape, form, work, mold, mould, forge
- usage: form in clay, wax, etc; "model a head with clay"
- 2. mold, mildew, change
- usage: become moldy; spoil due to humidity; "The furniture molded in the old house"
- 3. cast, mold, mould, shape, form, work, mold, mould, forge
- usage: form by pouring (e.g., wax or hot metal) into a cast or mold; "cast a bronze sculpture"
- 4. shape, form, work, mold, mould, forge, create from raw material, create from raw stuff
- usage: make something, usually for a specific function; "She molded the rice balls carefully"; "Form cylinders from the dough"; "shape a figure"; "Work the metal into a sword"
- 5. mold, cling, cleave, adhere, stick, cohere
- usage: fit tightly, follow the contours of; "The dress molds her beautiful figure"
- 6. determine, shape, mold, influence, regulate, cause, do, make
- usage: shape or influence; give direction to; "experience often determines ability"; "mold public opinion"
All rights reserved.
See also: molding (Dictionary)