Synonyms of molded
- 1. model, mold, mould, shape, form, work, mold, mould, forge
- usage: form in clay, wax, etc; "model a head with clay"
- 2. mold, mildew, change
- usage: become moldy; spoil due to humidity; "The furniture molded in the old house"
- 3. cast, mold, mould, shape, form, work, mold, mould, forge
- usage: form by pouring (e.g., wax or hot metal) into a cast or mold; "cast a bronze sculpture"
- 4. shape, form, work, mold, mould, forge, create from raw material, create from raw stuff
- usage: make something, usually for a specific function; "She molded the rice balls carefully"; "Form cylinders from the dough"; "shape a figure"; "Work the metal into a sword"
- 5. mold, cling, cleave, adhere, stick, cohere
- usage: fit tightly, follow the contours of; "The dress molds her beautiful figure"
- 6. determine, shape, mold, influence, regulate, cause, do, make
- usage: shape or influence; give direction to; "experience often determines ability"; "mold public opinion"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. shaped, molded, wrought, formed (vs. unformed)
- usage: shaped to fit by or as if by altering the contours of a pliable mass (as by work or effort); "a shaped handgrip"; "the molded steel plates"; "the wrought silver bracelet"
All rights reserved.