WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. alteration, modification, adjustment, change
- usage: the act of making something different (as e.g. the size of a garment)
- 2. modification, copy
- usage: slightly modified copy; not an exact copy; "a modification of last year's model"
- 3. modification, qualifying, limiting, grammatical relation
- usage: the grammatical relation that exists when a word qualifies the meaning of the phrase
- 4. change, alteration, modification, happening, occurrence, occurrent, natural event
- usage: an event that occurs when something passes from one state or phase to another; "the change was intended to increase sales"; "this storm is certainly a change for the worse"; "the neighborhood had undergone few modifications since his last visit years ago"
All rights reserved.
See also: modification (Dictionary)