Synonyms of modern
- 1. modern, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: a contemporary person
- 2. modern, modern font, Bodoni, Bodoni font, proportional font
- usage: a typeface (based on an 18th century design by Gianbattista Bodoni) distinguished by regular shape and hairline serifs and heavy downstrokes
- 1. modern (vs. nonmodern), contemporary, modern-day, neo, red-brick, redbrick, ultramodern, moderne, current, late, new
- usage: belonging to the modern era; since the Middle Ages; "modern art"; "modern furniture"; "modern history"; "totem poles are modern rather than prehistoric"
- 2. mod, modern, modernistic, fashionable (vs. unfashionable), stylish
- usage: relating to a recently developed fashion or style; "their offices are in a modern skyscraper"; "tables in modernistic designs";
- 3. modern, nonclassical (vs. classical)
- usage: characteristic of present-day art and music and literature and architecture
- 4. advanced, forward-looking, innovative, modern, progressive (vs. regressive)
- usage: ahead of the times; "the advanced teaching methods"; "had advanced views on the subject"; "a forward-looking corporation"; "is British industry innovative enough?"
- 5. Modern, New, late (vs. early) (vs. middle)
- usage: used of a living language; being the current stage in its development; "Modern English"; "New Hebrew is Israeli Hebrew"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of modern (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.