Synonyms of mock orange
- 1. mock orange, syringa, Philadelphus coronarius, philadelphus
- usage: large hardy shrub with showy and strongly fragrant creamy-white flowers in short terminal racemes
- 2. southern buckthorn, shittimwood, shittim, mock orange, Bumelia lycioides, buckthorn
- usage: shrubby thorny deciduous tree of southeastern United States with white flowers and small black drupaceous fruit
- 3. cherry laurel, laurel cherry, mock orange, wild orange, Prunus caroliniana, angiospermous tree, flowering tree
- usage: small flowering evergreen tree of southern United States
- 4. osage orange, bow wood, mock orange, Maclura pomifera, angiospermous yellowwood
- usage: small shrubby deciduous yellowwood tree of south central United States having spines, glossy dark green leaves and an inedible fruit that resembles an orange; its hard orange-colored wood used for bows by Native Americans; frequently planted as boundary hedge
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.