Synonyms of mobile
- 1. Mobile, Mobile River
- usage: a river in southwestern Alabama; flows into Mobile Bay
- 2. Mobile
- usage: a port in southwestern Alabama on Mobile Bay
- 3. mobile, sculpture
- usage: sculpture suspended in midair whose delicately balanced parts can be set in motion by air currents
- 1. mobile, nomadic, peregrine, roving, wandering, unsettled (vs. settled)
- usage: migratory; "a restless mobile society"; "the nomadic habits of the Bedouins"; "believed the profession of a peregrine typist would have a happy future"; "wandering tribes"
- 2. mobile (vs. immobile), airborne, ambulant, ambulatory, floating, maneuverable, manoeuvrable, mechanized, mechanised, motorized, motile, movable, moveable, transferable, transferrable, transportable, perambulating, racy, raisable, raiseable, rangy, rotatable, seaborne, transplantable, versatile, waterborne, moving
- usage: moving or capable of moving readily (especially from place to place); "a mobile missile system"; "the tongue is...the most mobile articulator"
- 3. mobile, moving (vs. nonmoving)
- usage: having transportation available
- 4. mobile, changeable (vs. unchangeable), changeful
- usage: capable of changing quickly from one state or condition to another; "a highly mobile face"
- 5. fluid, mobile, changeable (vs. unchangeable), changeful
- usage: affording change (especially in social status); "Britain is not a truly fluid society"; "upwardly mobile"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of mobile (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.