WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. miter joint, mitre joint, miter, mitre, joint
- usage: joint that forms a corner; usually both sides are bevelled at a 45-degree angle to form a 90-degree corner
- 2. miter, mitre, surface
- usage: the surface of a beveled end of a piece where a miter joint is made; "he covered the miter with glue before making the joint"
- 3. miter, mitre, headdress, headgear
- usage: a liturgical headdress worn by bishops on formal occasions
All rights reserved.
See also: mitre (Dictionary)