Synonyms of miter
- 1. miter joint, mitre joint, miter, mitre, joint
- usage: joint that forms a corner; usually both sides are bevelled at a 45-degree angle to form a 90-degree corner
- 2. miter, mitre, surface
- usage: the surface of a beveled end of a piece where a miter joint is made; "he covered the miter with glue before making the joint"
- 3. miter, mitre, headdress, headgear
- usage: a liturgical headdress worn by bishops on formal occasions
- 1. miter, bevel, chamfer
- usage: bevel the edges of, to make a miter joint
- 2. miter, confer, bestow
- usage: confer a miter on (a bishop)
- 3. miter, join, bring together
- usage: fit together in a miter joint
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of miter (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.