Synonyms of mission
- 1. mission, missionary post, missionary station, foreign mission, nongovernmental organization, NGO
- usage: an organization of missionaries in a foreign land sent to carry on religious work
- 2. mission, military mission, operation, military operation
- usage: an operation that is assigned by a higher headquarters; "the planes were on a bombing mission"
- 3. mission, charge, commission, assignment, duty assignment
- usage: a special assignment that is given to a person or group; "a confidential mission to London"; "his charge was deliver a message"
- 4. mission, missionary work, work
- usage: the organized work of a religious missionary
- 5. deputation, commission, delegation, delegacy, mission, organization, organisation
- usage: a group of representatives or delegates
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of mission (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.